- Use of the Search & Match Service is a part of your search strategy.
- Any search should begin with attempts to locate a donor within the recipient's family. For instance by HLA typing the parents or initiating an extended family search. This may include extended family research, for example in case of a frequent haplotype, consanguineous marriage etc.
- Formal search process always start by registering the recipient.
- Donors are added continuously to the global database.
- This service can only present phenotypes of donors and cord blood units that have been submitted by the participating organisations.
- (National) registries can assist you with the search.
- Support of an HLA expert.
- The help of an HLA expert is a guarantee that you do not miss any synomymes or alternative antigens.
- Conform the WMDA Guidelines: "3.1.5: The typing of the prospective donor and recipient must be repeated at the transplant centre at an early stage."
Whilst content may be accessed, downloaded and used visitors must not reproduce any material from this website without permission.
When you voluntarily submit identifiable data on this website, the information submitted is used solely to respond to your queries and for its intended purpose. Without permission, we do not share information with third parties.
Preliminary Search Requests
Users with access to the Search & Match Service can submit preliminary search requests for their patients through this website. The patient and diagnosis information submitted in a preliminary search request must be entered to initiate a search.
The Search & Match Service is the secure, proprietary database used to facilitate all patient searches, track patient search histories and maintain the potential volunteer donors and cord blood units across the globe.
The WMDA is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This includes the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you submit to keep it secure during transmission.
The WMDA makes every effort to check and test material for viruses. However, it is recommended that you run an anti-virus program on all materials downloaded from the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Disclaimer and Waiver of Liability
Care is taken to ensure that the content is accurate. Nevertheless, content is provided for general information only, and you use it at your own risk. We will not be held liable for damage or loss ensuing from any act or omission resulting from the use of information on this website.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the information held by us, the WMDA assumes no responsibility for and give no guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information provided on the website.
We do not accept any liability arising from any errors or omissions.
The WMDA is not responsible for the content or reliability of any linked websites. We accept no liability in respect of the content or for the consequences of following any advice included on such sites.
We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages or change of website address.
The information provided on this web site is for general information purposes and is correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to make changes as appropriate from time to time.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you conform to the data protection policies within your organisation and country. The WMDA has no liability of data that might have been printed or extracted from the site.
We aim to extend the use of the Search & Match Service to as wide an audience as possible. However, in order to introduce more advanced features and improve the user experience, there are some technical requirements users must follow.
- Cookies: must be enabled to take full use of the site.
- Screen Resolution: Search & Match portal is best viewed in resolutions of 1280x1024 upwards.
If you have comments or questions, please send them to this e-mail address: email@example.com